Week Two – Getting in the Rhythm – University of Phoenix
US/101 and FP/101 move into Week 2 and I have received my grade this week. It has been a challenging week for me as my full time job continued through the weekend with a customer situation. I was also at a work offsite meaning I was with about 700 people in Orlando at a convention.
While normally I love attending these and getting an opportunity to network, learn and be social this one was a little harder due to my customer situation, lack of sleep and trying to get school in.
I had quite a bit of work to attend too, but what I found is I am much better at carving our time for my schoolwork than I thought I was. I am more dedicated to getting in included in my daily routine. I came up with a plan to ensure that as much as possible it is integrated to cause the least amount of disruption to my life, family, and job.
- Sunday night – Read through Syllabus and look to see if new DQ questions are posted. I like to read and understand them. This normally helps me prepare for the content of the week as well.
- Monday morning – Work through all the DQ questions and put time in on at least one video or reading assignment. I am a morning person and besides taking out the dogs. I focus on schoolwork to ensue I have some responsibilities done for the morning.
- Monday night – time permitting I try to work through my assignments if possible. Monday is soccer night for my daughter so it makes it a little difficult. I have started to bring my Microsoft Surface to the field with headphones. Not optimal but sometimes it works.
- Tuesday Morning – Same as Monday Morning
- Tuesday Night – Open night for me so I try to spend 2-4 hours getting all my assignments started with the content I have so far. First pass on them after I have finished all of the weblinks, reading, and other work. This is my heavy lifting night of work normally.
- Wednesday Morning – Same as all mornings. DQ’s and anything else I have time for and ensure my Attendance is up to standard.
- Wednesday Night – Soccer again – same plan as before, but by this time I’m a little further ahead so it’s review, catch up or just cruise through DQ’s
- All mornings stay the same unless I’m way behind on something
- Thursday/Friday nights – refine my assignments and goal is to be 90% ready for submission.
- Saturday morning – Make sure Attendance/DQ’s are up to standard with all counts. Final run through on assignments and then post.
Now this may not work for you. It’s possible that it won’t. This is what I have come up with for me. I am unique in the sense that I love computers and I am online a lot so the structure or lack of it allows me to get my work done throughout my day or night. The other thing is I’m a morning person, I am normally awake before everyone in my house and have 2 hours to myself to focus on getting projects completed.
Overall, I am enjoying the University of Phoenix model. I like the ability to work when I can, due tom situation and schedule. Classwork is enjoyable and hard enough to put me to learn.
Week one ended with great grades – A’s in both classes.
Week two assignments are completed and waiting for grades.