Expert Electronics newest radio is the completely autonomous SDR (Software Defined Radio) DUC/DDC. The Russian made SunSDR2 transceiver with the newest ExpertSDR2 software and SDR-control panel E-Coder is going to be introduced at the Ham Radio 2014 in Friedrichshafen in 27 – 29 June. This was first announced at the Mykop 2013 Hamfest for the first time. The concept of Stand Alone or Software Based radios is not new, but this is an interesting step.
The claims are that in box radio box we have a full PC Micro-ITX PC, Intel Core i5 CPU, full blown Windows 7 (or Linux Ubuntu), transceiver’s hardware core based on SunSDR2 transceiver, 125W PA, PA LPF, ATU(option), Antenna switch, GPS receiver(option), WLAN(option), 7″ display, Fully reprogrammable front panel (all buttons and all knobs), green highlight of all buttons and a main knob. Also additional HDMI connector for external a big display.
Features reported on the Internet, but not confirmed by N1IC:
- Software: ExpertSDR2 (own software)
- Direct conversion in RX/TX mode, in HF/VHF bands
- Frequency range 0-80MHz, 80-160MHz
- Wide band spectrum panadapter up to 80MHz
- Two independent receivers
- Full duplix mode (in the future – software defined).
- High dynamic range of receiver: up to 119-120dB in the HF, and up to 114dB in the VHF.
- Output power, nominal: 125W(HF), 30W(VHF)
- IMD3 DR of transmitter: about 30-40 dB
- Reference 10 MHz input
- Very small CW delay: 10ms
- ADC sample rate: 160MHz
- ADC resolution: 16 bit
- SFDR receiver: 78-82 dB
- DUC sample rate: 360MHz
- DUC resolution: 14 bit
- High perfomance 24 bit Audio Codec on board
- Connect to PC: LAN/WLAN(Ethernet/WiFi 802.11 g/n)
- Power supply: 12-15V 1A(RX)/5A(TX)/ 220V 1.5-2 A.
- Size: 370x160x270mm
- Weight: 10 Kg
- Two VHF antenna connector(SO239)
- Two HF antenna connectors(SO239)
- Wide RF input port direct connect to high speed ADC(SMA)(for XVTRX, measurement etc.) (SMA)
- Wide RF output port direct connect to DUC(SMA)(for XVTRX, measurement etc.)
- RX Out, uses with external BPF, ATT, P.AMP and ADC IN. (SMA)
- Reference 10MHz input connector(SMA)
- WiFi antenna connectors for 801.11 g/n up to 300Mb/s WAN(SMA)
- ALC input port(RCA)
- PTT input port(JACK 6.3mm)
- CW Key input port(JACK 6.3mm)
- External Control port with 9 power switch and RS-485 interface(D-SUB-15)
- External Control 2 port for Automotive whip antenna 9310 from Stealth Telecom.
- Electret Microphone input(line)(JACK 6.3mm)
- Dynamic Microphone input with PTT switch for MH-31(RJ-45)
- Headphones output(line)(JACK 6.3mm)
- Ethernet connector(RJ-45)
- RS-232 connector(DB9)
- MIC, LIN, Phone(Jack 3.5mm) – Embedded PC’s sound card, for example, for Skype via your transceiver etc.
- DC input 12-15V 5A / AC input 220 V 1.5-2A.
- HDMI connector for external display.
- 2xUSB connectors.
- “Ground” connector.